Monday, January 12, 2009

HAP-HAP-HAP-EEE NEW YEAR!!!!


Well now . . . what have all of you been up to??? Hello - llo - lo - oooo??? I know I have been negligent in keeping the blog up. I apologize to any and all that care to look in from time to time. I will attempt to do better in the coming months.

At any rate I have some cool stuff on my drawing board this new year. One of the projects that I am working on is updating a cartoon that I illustrated WAYYYY back in the 80's. Starlog magazine published it (my wife sent it) in 1989, even then it was a couple of years old. As an exercise I have decided to 'newitup' and play with some color. I figured I would fill yoooz in on the process just to keep the blog April fresh.

First I will re-illustrate it using some new techniques in the inking-in process and then I will digitally (because my studio is boo-coo cluttered with other projects) paint it. I'll let you in on the process just in case you are curious. Feel free to ask any questions or fill me in on your ideas and or opinions.

Sorry for the long silence. Busy is as busy does I'm afraid. Come back soon.


Best wishes till then -nik

No comments: